Website

Sunday 8 March 2015

Got style?

Do you have style?  I'm not talking just putting on pretty clothes, but true style.  A "swagger" if you will.  What is swagger?  Well, it's that essence that surrounds someone when they walk into a room.  They look cool, chic, and seem like they got it all together - swagger!  So, back to the original question, do you have style?  I'm going to hazard a guess and say yes.  Many of you may be snickering and thinking "yeah, right.  If I had style I wouldn't be subscribing to Daily Glam!".  Well, all I have to say to that is this - We all have a sense of style, it's just a matter of knowing how to make that sense of style a reality.  Here are our top 5 rules to creating a "insert your name" style.

1.  Comfort - You can't rock something you are not comfortable in.  I learned this the hard way.  My clothes are always comfortable but my shoes - Lord have mercy.  So, I had to learn, that if I wanted to look good, feel good, and have 'swagger' I had to invest in some nice, comfortable and trendy shoes.




2.  Mentor - We all need a mentor - no matter who we are!  We have mentors in our careers, some of us in our personal endeavors, so why not have a mentor for clothing?   Find someone or more than one person whose style/look, you love.  Then make it your own.  This person could be someone famous, it could be a program like Daily Glam, it could be anyone.  Mimic and make it your own.





3.  Makeup - Let me tell you one of my pet peeves.  A woman who is looking well put together and then doesn't wear any makeup.  It's like going to an elegant dinner party with beautiful crystal with spots all over.  You may think I'm being dramatic but I'm serious!  Even just a little powder, mascara and gloss can make all the difference.  If it's a matter of not knowing how to put on makeup - don't worry.  Contact us, we will be happy to help you.  



4.  Quality clothing - I have to say, I've worn really cheap clothes and really expensive clothes, and I have to admit, the expensive clothes helped me to walk just a little more swagger.  Ok, let me reword this, there are poor quality clothing and high quality clothing.  The high quality clothing wins every time.  Don't get me wrong, I do not invest a whole lot of money in my clothing.  I find sales - LOVE finding a great sale.  Love second hand stores too!  But I know what quality made clothing can do for you.  Trust me, it's worth it.





5.  Confidence - The most important ingredient to creating your own style.  You have to rock the confidence.  If you don't feel like you have it - FAKE IT TIL YOU MAKE IT.  I'm all about being genuine, don't get me wrong, but sometimes, you have to create that confident diva you know you are before you actually feel like that confident diva you know you are.  Get what I mean?  Sometimes, our feelings have to catch up with our decision.




I wish I could go on and on because truly, I could write a few pages on each of the above.  However, stats tell me that making this blog any longer will lose your attention SO if you have questions and want the answers, contact us at info@pinkinkimage.com.  Your question may be one of the questions we answer on the blog!!  Also, send us pics.  We love to see pics of you and your swagger!

Til next time,

Pink Ink

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! If you leave us a question we will respond within 48hrs! You can also email us at pinkink.brand@gmail.com and tweet @pinkink3